THE KISII COUNTY GOVERNOR OR GOVERNMENT 2017-2022.

By Haron Ototo

After completing my undergraduate studies in the year 2015, I opted to try my luck in Kisii County. As a Communication and Media graduate my hope was that may be I can get an opportunity to serve in the communication team or at the county assembly reporting team if their is anything like that. I was ready to face any panel that ventilated on the job seekers but before I took the very first step some things happened.

An aerial view of Kisii town. Photo: Courtesy
Number one, a friend who used to work in the county finance department as an intern told me that he was never delegated any duties because they considered him as an outsider. They could lock him out for more than two hours and only God knows what they were up to. Due to such disappointment and intimidation he opted to end his internship prematurely and seek a new place to finish one of the key steps in his studies. Thank God he got it and finished in the Attorney Generals Chambers.

Number two, a friend of mine called me to ask whether I still need a job in the Kisii County government. Who am I to say no? I said a big YES. What followed was a chilling demand  for me to part with a whooping 160 thousand so as to secure that job. Up to now I don't know what kind of job I was gonna do. Furthermore, I knew some people have paid to get jobs in the count only to either get it and work without pay or wait for the job as if it is a cheque waiting to mature.

Number Three, I was called urgently to where I go to get some food on my table and so I hoped into a boda boda. As we approached Mashauri, neither I nor my "driver" was a ware that the county government has crossed a highway. We were stopped by  goon-like plain clothed boys, I call them boys because that is how they behaved. Okay, this boys came from nowhere with their Jembe handles and snatched a way the key from the rider and we were down. They told us that the road is crossed and we have already committed a crime so "tutaenda ndani". Will you like to know what happened, my rider parted with a 1000 thousand shilling note. I felt like a warning could have done better.

A few days later, the county government announced for application for job vacancies. All those that I knew had applied sunbathed the whole day before they learnt from high voltage sources that the vacancies have already been filled and this was a formality. I looked at myself and said indeed 'egetakoria negetakonyora' what is happening to our precious county? I had nothing to do about it except to wait for this time. The time of reckoning and making a decision, the time of righting wrongs and lighting darkness. The time to change the county government, the time to send someone home. The time is now and like the infamous Trump said, the time to make Kisii County Great again.

Now, I still need a job in the count government, that is a fact. But first let us employ our employer. In the race for one of the most coveted seats we have James Ongwae the incumbent with the ever flip flopping Joash Maangi. Christopher Mogere Obure is the current Kisii Senator and he in the race to replace James Ongwae, Obure is running with Engineer Albert Nyaundi on a Jubilee Ticket while Ongwae and Maangi are running on an ODM ticket. In the race too, we have Lumumba Nyaberi of Wiper and Manson Oyongo of KNC. Lumumba came second in 2013 and I think that was the best he can get. On the other hand Manson Oyongo is the Current Members of Parliament for south Mugirango Constituency.

In every race, there must be front runners, and in the Kisii race it is Obure and Ongwae and the winner is in that very blacket. Ongwae is the incumbent and he is in someway relying on the incumbency factor. What many people think are is achievements have turned out to be mirage. For instance the Kisii teaching and referral hospital upgrade was done by the national government through a conditional grant of more than half a billion shillings. This was confessed by his Deputy Joash Maangi. The street lighting project is a national project too. You can ask Maangi on this and he is on record saying it many times.

If the National Government has done more to Kisii County then it is obvious that it will do much more with Chris Obure as its Governor. My Ideal Governor for Kisii County is Hon. Chris Obure. He has a head start through grassroots mobilization and the reliability of his Deputy Albert Nyaundi who unlike Maangi knows where he is and where he will be.

As the NASA fraternity will be fighting each other theough Ongwae, Oyongo and Lumumba, Obure will sail through and he will bring down the man he elevated to Governor in 2013. Hail the 2nd Governor of the great Kisii County. H.E. Christopher Mogere Obure.



haonya12@gmail.com
Haron is a non practicing Journalist with BA in Communication & Media
Kisii University 

 FB: Toto Haron

Popular posts from this blog

ANTHONY KIBAGENDI MAKES JOASH MAANGI'S STINT IN JUBILEE LOOK USELESS AND HE IS NOT BEING MISSED..

ABABU NAMWAMBA: BIGGER WITHOUT RAILA.

THE TECTONIC DRIFT IN THE KISII COUNTY SENATORIAL RACE

KISII COUNTY: HOW CHRIS OBURE WILL WIN THE COUNTY BOSS SEAT

KISII COUNTY JUBILEE NOMINATED MCA'S MUST BE READY FOR A RUDE SHOCK COME AUGUST 8TH 2017

MEET EMONYO 19, KISII'S FINEST MC AKA MC FIRSTBORN

JUBILEE WAVE UNSETTLES AND STARTLES NASA CAMPS IN GUSII REGION